Tuesday 24 April 2012

First flakie!!

So. I did something really bad.

Left to Right: Cha-Ching, Scandalous, Popular, Strobe Light, Speck-tacular

Yep. I went out and bought myself a whole pile of new glitters. I have been such a magpie recently, only the glitter polishes ever catch my attention nowadays. But ohmygoodness am I excited about this one, especially since IT'S MY FIRST FLAKIE! EVER. I've been dying to get one for the last 8987398759879 years. Nfuoh is just too ridiculously priced (+ shipping makes them more expensive than Deborah Lippmann polishes) and Finger Paints and Sally Hansen's Hidden Treasure are of course no where to be found. So my flakie lemming never got satisfied. Until I found Australis' Speck-tacular sitting inconspicuously among the top coats and base coats. OH HAPPY DAY!

Australis'  Crystal Colour Top Coat Speck-tacular over Sally Hansen Black Out and OPI Dating a Royal

It's so gorgeous and so affordable! I got it for around $7 on sale and it's a flakie topcoat, the best kind of flakie cos you can pretty much layer it over anything. Application was alright, I had to put on about 1 half coats for more dense flakes and drying time is so-so. It looks pretty similar to Finger Paint's Twisted, except less dense and with bigger flakes. But oooh it's so shiny I can't stop staring *googly eyes*. Haha, yes I'm a little mad currently on 7 hours sleep for the last 48 hours.


Just for fun, I chucked some matte top coat on. And I like it just as much, if not more! The colour of the flakes is still very visible and the depth of the polish can still be seen even with the matte coat.

Speck-tacular with Matte Top Coat

Oh boy. This buy has made my shitty week so much better.

Till next time! xx

P.S.: For those who have tried tons of flakies, please let me know your honest opinions on this one. I might be too happy about owning a flakie to even give constructive comments. :)

23 comments:

  1. following back dear!

    xoxo
    www.kalancea.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it over the blue! Very pretty! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I like glossy version a bit more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty!!!! and i realise how cute your fingers are hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah!! thanks sweetie :) can't wait for my nails to grow back they are too stubby herer

      Delete
  6. pretty!
    everyone should have a good flakie! :)
    <3
    nailvarnishvixen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. adore these, i love all of the sparkles xx

    violetheartsmanyshadesofpurple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow those flakies are gorgeous!!! I especially love it over the blue and I LOVE it mattified!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah flakies look so gorgeous matte! this one's not as amazing as a Nuf-oh but its still gorgeous anyhow

      Delete
  9. nice manicure!


    I'm following you, if you want, follow me!
    Kisses
    http://diamantisulsofa.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really cute flakie! I love it over the blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.. That's a gorgeous FLAKIE!!!!

    I'll have to google where I can get that!
    So pretty

    ReplyDelete