Friday 6 April 2012

Sally Hansen: Gem Crush Big Money

Yes I know. I have been a lousy blogger who hasn't posted in weeks. Truth is, I've been so tired I come home and fall into bed, hair half wet. And I've also snapped a nail so I haven't been bothered to paint my nails since. whoops. So, apologies for falling off the face of earth for a while.

Anyway, the important thing is that I'm back and I have a new baby! Hope this makes up for the wait :)



TA DA! Sally Hansen's Big Money from the new Gem crush collection. It's a beautiful gold fine glitter with lilac particles. GORGEOUS! And it looks even better on:


Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Big Money (2 coats)

I think I'm in love! 

The application was a dream as well. As with most 'one-coat' glitters, Big Money dries almost immediately. And instead of the normal thin brushes Sally Hansen polishes usually come with, the Gem Crush collection comes with one of those new flat wide brushes, which was a major plus point because application was so easy for my poor polish-applying-impaired left hand. Two strokes for each nail and you're done! Not sure if these brushes work on all nails, but for mine it is perfect!




Again, photographing this baby was hard. Big Money has a transparent base with absolutely no black tint in it despite what the photos show. And just for fun, I tried Big Money over a few different polishes.


Left to Right: Big Money over 1) Sinful Colours' Aqua; 2) Sally Hansen Black Out; 3) OPI Dating a Royal 4) Color Club Alias 



Big Money over Nubar Reclaim

I really like it over Dating a Royal and Black Out. Nubar Reclaim's holographic effect is lost under Big Money so that's just a waste of a good holographic. Overall it's a pretty good layering polish despite being a pretty densely packed glitter but I still prefer Big Money on its own, in all it's glamour. Here's one more picture of that gold goodness. Can't wait to try out the other polishes from this collection! Happy Easter everyone! :) 


P.S.: To all my fellow Melbourne lacquerheads, Target in Melbourne (not sure about the rest of Aussie) is having a massive sale. I got this on sale for AUD7.50 which is a pretty good deal in Australia for nail polish. And if you're lemming more for makeup, lo'real is 50% off. Sale ends April 9th so be quick!

38 comments:

  1. This one is my favorite from this collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahh it was the first one that caught my attention too and I'm glad it didn't disappoint! :)

      Delete
  2. This is so blingy looking, I love it! And that brush looks fantastic! I really like it over Dating a Royal too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the brush is really great! I hope more polishes start using this brush soon!

      Delete
  3. WOW! I've been eye-balling these polishes, but kept passing cuz I didn't think they looked so great in the bottle. But it's so amazing on your nails that I now MUST get some :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GET THEM. hahaha well get big money at least :) I was slightly half-hearted about the purchase as well, being a little worried that the lilac glitter wouldn't show much. but it does so all's good!

      Delete
  4. love your blog, so I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. naww thanks I'm so honoured :) you have an amazing one too!

      Delete
  5. thanks dear you've got a lovely blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep this is definitely one shade worth checking out!

      Delete
  7. wow these are amazing, all of the colors are so gorgeous. i love your blog, im definitely following now, keep in touch xx

    violetheart xxoo
    http://violetheartsmanyshadesofpurple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thanks for the lovely compliments! i would love to keep in touch! xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely blog with so many inspiring ideas! Love your work:)
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will follow your blog...
    Nice pictures...

    Mery

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good darling! Would you like to follow each other?:X
    Fashionspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Gem Crush polishes, they're so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the first one! Such an amazing color.

    - Victoria
    www.Vickkitas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great, I love those polishes!:X

    ReplyDelete
  14. great review!
    ill have to check that polish out!
    following you now!
    would love for you to check out my blog!
    <3
    nailvarnishvixen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These sparkles look amazing and I love them over the green nailpolish. So dang pretty! I think I need to get me some sparkles. Do they fall off alot though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope! they don't budge! use top coat tho cos these glitters can feel very gritty xx

      Delete
  16. woooow!!!! love ur blog!

    wanna follow each other?
    xoxo

    www.kalancea.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG i need this!! So super duper pretty!! ♥
    Janine

    ReplyDelete